In addition to my training as a home inspector, I have over 35 years’ experience in residential construction. I’ve personally performed every step in the home- building process, from establishing grades and the site layout, pouring foundations, installing septic systems, building the structural framing and exterior building envelope, to interior finish work. I have also worked closely with plumbers and electricians on residential mechanical systems.
My hands-on experience in understanding how a house is put together from the bottom up gives me invaluable knowledge. I’m familiar with both current building practices, as well as those that are no longer in use. I can spot problems with materials, installation and workmanship in both new construction and older homes that other inspectors might miss. My experience also means that I can advise you on the severity of any problems I discover, which you can use to your advantage to negotiate for seller-paid repairs or a lower sale price.
I uphold a strict Code of Ethics. I’m a dedicated professional who will work diligently to protect your interests. My number one goal is to serve you—my client—by ensuring that you receive a quality home inspection and an accurate report that you can rely on.
Licenses, Certifications & Training
- Trained and certified by InterNACHI, the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors
- Maine-Registered Radon Air Tester
- Trained in Radon Inspections by the Center for Environmental Research and Technology
- EPA-trained for Lead Inspections
- Maine-Registered Waste Water Disposal System Inspector
- 35+ years’ experience in residential construction
- Associate of Arts in Applied Computer Science from Southern Maine Community College